Monday 5 November 2007

Monday 5th November - ITS BEEN 7 WEEKS.







A few of us that were awake got their act together, had breakfast in the hotel and went into Bangkok with a plan of action of what to see and do. First a visit to the Grand Palace where religious and royal ceremonies are carried out (I had already been here a few years before but I never had my camera then, I wasn't going to miss out this time). We took two Tuk-tuks and we all arrived together and wandered around aimlessly for a while. When visiting Bangkok the Grand Palace is a must see (it beats all the mosques in Iran), and they're all in one place which means less travelling between places.
After the palace we planned to take a river taxi to Central Pier however the king had his birthday celebrations today which meant the river was closed to all traffic except his. Instead we went shopping, we took taxis to the huge MBK shopping center where we found the first McDonalds in 7 weeks that served beef. Two Big Macs, large fries and a chocolate milk later I was happy (They even had double Big Macs with 4 burgers in them, but that would of been greedy). The rest of the daylight hours we wandered around getting lost in the mall, at night some went 10-pin bowling, others went pubbing and clubbing. Me I fell asleep in my bed at 7:30, I'm such a lightweight.

No comments: