Monday 29 October 2007

Wedneasday 24th October. BROKEN BAND.

Today should be one of the highlights of the trip, we are going to the Taj Mahal. We should all be excited but we are hit with a double disappointment before we even get on the bus. Firstly, two of our group are taking a break from the tour and heading to Goa on the southcoast of India for some rest and relaxation. Secondly we are told that due to adverse weather conditions on the friendship highway we are taking the alternative route. This means staying in India for nearly another week before catching a plane to Bangkok. The result of this is that we will miss Laos and China, nor will we be visiting Everest base camp. My third disappointment of the day, and this is wholly personal to me, was the Taj Mahal. Yes it is beautiful with all its inlaid and sculptured marble. For me it was somewhere I felt I had been ripped off, 750 Rupees on entry of which 500 of that was tax compare to Indian nationals that only have to pay 20. Also, I was not allowed to take my cigarettes in (I tried but the security guard found them).
The only thing that lightened my mood today was doing impressions of Princess Diana and her soleful look in that picture of her sat on a bench with the Taj Mahal behind her.

No comments: