Thursday 18 October 2007

Thursday 11th October. MUD, MUD, GLORIOUS MUD.






There might be a little bit more information than normal today as I made notes as we were travelling and asked questions of Kia. It was almost like I was realy interested. I honestly dont know what came over me.
This morning we visited the mausoleum of SHAH NEATOLAH VALI who was a religious leader some 800 years ago, the shrine seems out of place in this dusty town. We then go to the SHAZDEH GARDEN which is even more out os place, a lush green garden some 100 meters long with fountains and pools surrounded by dusty little hovels that the inhabitants dont seem to be able to afford to maintain, not even if a wall falls down.
In the evening we visit RAYEN ARG. This is a 2nd century mud fortress currently being refurbished in parts but still impressive, we are told that this is the 2nd largest mud city in the world.
Later we go to BAM. The largest mud city in the world (four times larger than the second). It is in ruins since an earthquake 4 years ago and is having major work carried out as it is a World Heritage Site.
Today was a good day.

After showing one half of The Couple my diary today I extend my apologies to her. She is of coarse A Whole, not one half of The Couple.
I'm sure she didn't mean hole. :)

1 comment:

ramesh said...

Its good to hear you are guys are enjoying the trip; my guess is the next journey will take you to Quetta that too will be an experience. One not to be missed is the change of guards that is around 4pm local time, when you enter the Pakistan/Indian border. “THE WAGA BORDER”